TCBES Symposium Silent Auction
On this page:
2023 Symposium Silent Auction
Our silent auction raises funds for current and future TCBES and Symposium related expenses. Our silent auctions have gotten bigger and better every year, allowing us to continue putting on a successful annual Symposium and to hold other educational and research-related events throughout the year. Please join for the 2023 silent auction to bid on a selection of great items from some amazing local vendors.
How to Bid
Bidding is now closed
Mahalo for taking interest in our club's silent auction. Bidding will open on March 27, 2023 at 12:00 PM HST and close on March 31, 2023 at 2:30 PM HST. Please look at the rules on how to bid for items. Should you have any further questions, please email Emma Stierhoff at email@example.com.
Rules for Bidding:
- All bidders must be able to pick up their item in Hilo- we will not be shipping auction items
- In order for a bid to count, the bidder must submit their bidding amount, full name, and contact info (phone number and/or email) in the product's comment section
- Bids placed outside of start/end time of the auction will not be counted.
- Bids placed must be more than the product's starting price.
- The highest qualifying bid wins the item.
- You will need to bid $1 or more than the previous bidder for your bid to count.
- Cash, check, or Venmo accepted only. No credit cards, debit cards, crypto, or cash app payments.
- Age restrictions may apply (on items such as liquor or winery gift cards).
- A valid ID will be necessary to purchase items with age restrictions.
- All sales final. All sales are final, there are no exchanges, and all items are sold as is.
- No refunds. No refunds after purchase. Guests are responsible for item(s) once they’re claimed.
Winners of each auction item will be announced at the end of the day Friday, and folks will have the opportunity to claim their items after we close out the Symposium. Those who do not claim their prize day-of will be contacted within a day to discuss payment and arrangements for getting you your item.
Mahalo to our Donors
Mahalo to our sponsors for their generous donations for our auction. This year, we will be featuring many donations from Hawai'i Island as well as our outer islands. Your bid will help raise funds for the Kaiameaola Club and TCBES cohorts.
2023 Symposium Donor List
- Koa Matsuoka: Honu photograph
- Ann Tanimoto Johnson: Two sets of 5 blank photo cards and homemade vanilla extract
- Alex Wang: 'Elepaio photograph
- Carol Johnson: Plant book, Hawai'i word of the day calendar, and art
- Naiʻa Odachi: Greeting cards and stickers
- Hawaiʻi Forest and Trail: Hidden Craters Hike for 2
- UFO Parasail: Two parasail rides
- Volcano Winery: Wine box, tea box, and tour and tastings for four people
- KTA: Three $25 certificates
- Captain Zodiac: Raft and snorkeling adventure for two
As a non-profit event with a goal of increasing undergraduate and graduate participation in research presentation, much of our funding comes from fundraising events such as the silent auction. We are now accepting donation items from individuals, companies, and vendors. Past items that have been popular include, but by no means are limited to: gift certificates to restaurants and for outdoor equipment rentals, reusable tote bags, waterfall adventure tours, artwork, books, Volcano wines, live plants and photography. Items should generally be in new, unused condition, though gently used and still usable items may be acceptable. If you or your organization have a contribution to make, come back to this page during Spring 2019 to find out who to contact.<./noscript>