Tropical Conservation Biology and Environmental Science (TCBES) Graduate Program
Graduate Assistantships are available! Please check back soon for the new application deadlines during Fall 2017.
Three Graduate Student Assistantships available with the Hau'oli Mau Loa Foundation and TCBES Graduate Program starting Fall 2017.
Graduate Assistantships within Tropical Conservation Biology and Environmental Science (TCBES) at UH Hilo.
Welcome to the Tropical Conservation Biology and Environmental Science (TCBES) Graduate Program! The TCBES program is emerging as a center of excellence in the Pacific that is capitalizing on Hawaii’s unique natural resources that are integral to the state’s cultural, economic, and scientific enterprises, and by extension, to those of the entire nation and other Pacific nations. The TCBES Program provides MS-level graduate education in the areas of conservation biology, environmental science, ecology, evolution, genetics and geospatial analyses.
The primary purpose of the Master of Science in Tropical Conservation Biology and Environmental Science is to provide graduate training in conservation biology and environmental science to those with baccalaureate degrees and those currently working in the field. The program will utilize the extraordinary biological, physical, and cultural complexity of the island of Hawaiʻi as a focus of investigation and study. The program will prepare students for technical positions and for entry into Ph.D. programs in related fields.
Core Courses (8) credits required for all M.S. TCBES students:
- CBES 600 Conservatn Biol & Environ Sci (3)
- CBES 601 CBES Field & Laboratory Method (3)
- CBES 602 Research Seminar in TCBES (1)
- CBES 603 Natural Resource Mgt Seminar (1)
- Elective Courses
2 Plans of Study
M.S. TCBES Application Check List
(Reminder: Priority application deadline is December 1st)
- Completed UH Hilo Graduate application form
- Application fee
- Personal statement of objectives
- Resume or CV
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities (must be received directly from the institution, or in a sealed envelope if submitted with your application)
- General Test, Graduate Record Exam
- Three Academic/Professional Letters of Recommendation received at UH Hilo by December 1
- Official TOEFL score report, if required
- Verification of financial status (for international applicants)