Call for Donors
TCBES Symposium 2019 Silent Auction!
What and why?
A silent auction is where bidders write down their bids on a slip of paper next to the items they want, and the highest bidder at the end of the auction wins the item. Our silent auction raises funds for current and future TCBES and symposium related expenses. Our silent auctions have gotten bigger and better every year, allowing us to continue putting on a successful event and having the funds to hold other small, educational- and research-related events. Please join us and bid on everything from reusable water bottles to gift certificates to your favorite vendor and adventure on the island!
We are currently taking donations for the Spring 2019 TCBES Research Symposium. If you would like more information or would like to donate, please contact TCBES at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 TCBES Symposium Donor List
Symposium Program Artwork: Kellie Miyazu and students Halia Tallett, Kiliana Mainaaupo-Lindsey, Chanden Aguiar-Chartrand, Scott Bancroft, Rayne-ann Kusano, and Aiden Varize from Center for Community Engagement (CCE) Colored Pencils for Keiki class
Hawaiʻi Forest and Trail: Volcano Tour
- Basically Books: $25 giftcards
- UFO Parasail: Two parasail rides
- Volcano Winery: Gift box and tour for four people
- Ocean Rider Seahorse Farm: Tour for two people
- Walmart: $50 giftcard
- Karen Schuster Art: ʻAkiapōlāʻau print
- Koa Matsuoka: Three art prints on canvas
- Bret Mossman: Award-winning Hawaiʻi ʻakepa print
- Cafe Pesto: $25 giftcard
- Big Island Divers: 2-tank dive for two
- Cyanotech/Nutrex-Hawaiʻi: BioAstin and Spirulina gift basket
- Patrick Hart: Home-roasted local coffee
- Starbucks: Coffee and thermos gift basket
- Seaside restaurant: Giftcards
- Big Island Candies: Gift basket
- Samantha Devivo: Hand-made necklances and magnets
- Liz Lough: Hand-knit hat
- Cascadia Research: Book - "The Lives of Hawaiʻi’s Dolphins and Whales"
- Ann Tanimoto: Three framed prints
- Keauhou Bird Conservation Center (KBCC): Four T-shirts
Donate to the Auction!
As a non-profit event with a goal of increasing undergraduate and graduate participation in research presentation, much of our funding comes from fundraising events such as the silent auction. We are now accepting donation items from individuals, companies, and vendors. Past items that have been popular include, but by no means are limited to: gift certificates to restaurants and for outdoor equipment rentals, reusable tote bags, waterfall adventure tours, artwork, books, Volcano wines, live plants and photography. Items should generally be in new, unused condition, though gently used and still usable items may be acceptable. If you or your organization have a contribution to make, come back to this page during Spring 2019 to find out who to contact.
Mahalo for your kokua and generosity in supporting our efforts for research and presentation in higher education!